So last week, Elwood found some bunnies in the back yard. At first I thought they were mice but upon closer inspection, they are bunnies (thank God). I did some research online and learned that bunnies typically nest in wide open areas like lawns and typically get dug up by dogs and cats. Even though the mommy wasn't around apparently they come back at night to feed them. We moved them under Steve's old tractor so that Elwood or birds couldn't get to them. Elwood was so cute. He kept sitting by the back door crying because he wanted to go out and check on his babies. He would run out right away and pick them up in his mouth. He was being a little mommy. Here are some photos I took of them.
Elwood, looking for his babies...
I know I left them in here somewhere!
There they are!
There are three of them. Look how little and cute they are all snuggled together.
I just couldn't resist. Their eyes were still closed. They couldn't see where they were going but they kept crawling away from their nest. I picked them up and put them back. The internet says it was okay.
Unfortunately the bunnies are gone. We left for a camping trip on Monday and when we got back on Thursday they had flown the coupe. I hope that they are okay and growing quickly. Maybe they will come back and visit soon. Elwood might chase them away though. That's what he did to their mommy. Oh well, we'll see what happens.




0 comments:
Post a Comment