CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Toy Envy

How cute is Elwood?  Since we have started setting up the nursery, he has had a difficult time understanding that these toys do not belong to him.  Ever since we got Elwood, he has had a love for any plush toys.  Unfortunately, he usually destroys them.  I think he gets satisfaction from ripping them limb from limb to get to the stuffings inside.  Since our house is about to be filled with toys, I've decided to make some of them accessible to him so that he gets used to them and also learns not to destroy them.  This morning when I woke up, I found an interesting trail of toys from my side of the bed, all the way to the nursery.  Here is the evidence he left...

(My side of the bed) 
This is "ducky".  So far it is Elwood's favorite.  Ducky came in an Easter basket for Elwood's brother, but of course, he has adopted it as his own.


(Daddy's side of the bed)
"Dinosaur", "kitty" and "Nemo" join the party.

"Doggie".  Elwood left him on his bed in the living room.  Everyone in their place!

(And Baby's room) The animals live in those baskets on the bookshelf.  Someone has pulled
 them all down!
What is that saying about the culprit returning to the scene of the crime to admire his
 handiwork?  Busted.  I just had to laugh though.  At least he has yet to destroy anything.  I think Elwood thinks of it as a game now.  He just brought me "Goofy".  He finds that it warrants attention and that's what he is really after.  We are gonna have to find a way to positively reinforce the good behavior and discourage the bad.  Oh well.  Progress is progress I suppose.

Btw, Here is a new belly pic.  30 Weeks.  Only 2 1/2 months to go!!!!!

0 comments: