CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Camping Trip

Steve and I decided to have a little getaway before the baby comes. We took the travel trailer to Fort Wilderness for a mid-week vacation. I ended up having to work Wednesday night and Thursday but that's okay since we were only camping 15 minutes away from my job.  Steve and his family used to stay at Fort Wilderness most years at Christmas when he was growing up.  It was fun for him to share this piece of his childhood with me.  I know it meant a lot to him and it was really fun for him too. Elwood had a blast too.  He loves camping but boy does it wear him out.  I think he has been sleeping since we returned on Thursday!

Steve and I after just checking in Monday afternoon, headed to the pool.

Elwood quickly found his favorite spot, under our bed.  He loves to crawl under there and sleep.
  He even drags all his toys under there to keep them all safe.

Elwood and Daddy on the bed.  No room for me in there!

The Fort has recently added a dog park so the doggies can run around and play together. 
 We spent a lot of time in there making new friends.

Elwood had plenty of space to roam around and explore.  That was a pretty big hill he kept
 running up and down.  We don't have many of those here in Florida so that was new for him.

I think someone thoroughly enjoyed his time at the park.  
You don't get a much happier face than that!

Elwood also had his first golf cart ride on this trip.  He was so funny sitting on the floor, trying not to fall out.  I couldn't resist the photo!


Mommy, don't let me fall out!

Elwood likes exploring all the nature around the campsite too.

We hope the baby enjoys camping half as much as Elwood.  We hope to have many fond memories as a family like Steve has with his.






1 comments:

Amy said...

This trip looks like a lot of fun, and that new dog park looks fantastic! Good for them for adding it!