First an update on me. In the month of August, I took on a third part-time job working at Publix. I was hired to work in the bakery and open a brand new store by our house. When I was hired, I decided that I could leave my Disney job and just have two jobs again (Publix and Artisan Club in Celebration). Well Publix put me to work right away before I had time to make any adjustments. Needless to say, for a couple weeks this month, I was stupidly working three jobs. I thought to myself why on earth would I voluntarily work three jobs? After much discussion, we decided to scale down. I picked the job I liked the most (and that paid the most) and let go of the other two. Overall I think it was a good decision. I have more time to focus on other things I want to get done and still live fairly comfortably. I don't know why I waited so long to take this plunge.
Anyway, now I have one job, that I work 30-35 hours a week and I think that is perfect. Steve and I have much more time to spend together and as such have been making more progress on the dune buggy. Yesterday we found some gauges online that were perfect for our needs. They were such a great deal we could not pass them up. The only problem was, they were in Inverness, Florida about an hour and forty-five minutes north east of Davenport. For those of you who are not watching the news, we also have a highly publicized Tropical Storm by the name of Fay terrorizing our state this week. That made the trip extra windy and rainy but to be honest, Elwood and I were just happy to get out of the house. We haven't done much since the storm started to hit Monday night.
So Thursday morning, we dodged some raindrops and mowed the lawn quickly. It has been growing at record pace with a week straight of rain. Did I mention that I now know how to mow the lawn? I have done it about three times by myself and I'm pretty proud of it. Steve took pictures for all you non-believers (Mom).
Anyway, after getting the lawn mowed, we set out on our trek to Inverness, Florida to retrieve our gauges. Like I said, It has been a dreary week in Florida so we just needed to get out of the house.
Steve, Elwood and I set out. The weather wasn't too bad in the beginning, but it definitely got worse.
We finally arrived at the airboat supply store and bought our gauges.
Elwood was such a good boy in the car. We decided to stop for dinner on the way home.
We stopped at Chick-fil-A, one of Elwood and Steve's favorites.
Here are some of the stormy views from the drive thru.
After "dinner" we stopped at Lowes to pick up some steel.
It was here that I saw the first bit of sky I've seen in a week. It's funny how we take things like great weather for granted in Florida. I took a picture of it and I'm glad I did because unfortunately, it didn't last long. :(
That was our day. We made some more progress on the buggy. Check out our other blog to see the details. We are looking forward to this Labor Day weekend when the Families are getting together. It should be tons of fun!




0 comments:
Post a Comment