Well, it's been about a month since I started my two new jobs and I thought I would write about how everything was going. As some of you may know, I went part time at Disney and went back to recreation to clean the pools at 5:00 in the morning. I know, I'm not a morning person, but the hours are good for me because I finish my day at 1:30 and have tons of time to get things done, see people or work my other job. I work there on Friday and Saturday mornings. Plus, bonus, my "sister" Paulette works there too, at Animal Kingdom Lodge that is. I get to see animals up close and personal every day. It's a lot of fun. My other job or my "real" job is cooking at the Artisan Club in Celebration, Florida. The club is for the residents of Artisan Park in Celebration and it has a small cafe that is open six days a week for lunch and one night a week for dinner. There is one other chef who works there (and has since it opened). I seem to be settling in with the other co-workers and members. I really like the atmosphere. Only about four or five people work there in a given day, which is a huge change from the thousands at Disney. So far I work there three or four days a week. Steve and I are still balancing our schedules. It seems like we are on totally opposite work schedules. Just when we got settled in with my old schedule and Steve got the same days off and similar hours, I go and change it all up again. I really like having a more flexible schedule now. I feel like I am finally in control of my work schedule. I never work later than 8:30 or 9 at night which actually lends me to have a life! The last couple weeks have been a bit crazy though with all the training at both jobs. I think I'm finally done with all that now and can actually get into a routine. I'm also very excited that my best friend from college, Angela is moving up to Orlando from West Palm Beach in a month. I'm so glad she will be closer. It will make getting together so much easier. I guess that's all the new stuff going on with me. Looking forward to a great summer and the beginning of my 25th year. The weather has been awesome so far in Florida but a little dry. I don't remember the last time it rained. Hopefully it does soon so that the wildfires don't get too out of control. By the way, Steve and I got a new car this week too. He's driving a Honda Pilot. It's sort of a family car but don't get any ideas, we're not talking about that yet! Besides, Elwood really likes having the whole back seat to roll around in!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
We wish you the best with your new job.
Thanks.
Post a Comment