CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's Spring!!

People always talk about how satisfying and therapeutic gardening can be.  I had the joy of spending a couple hours pulling weeds in my front bed a couple weeks ago and I have to say that it was indeed very gratifying. 

                                    
I was very proud of how everything looked but this week the bed has taken on a new life.  I have inherited some lilies from my mom.  I planted them a while back and never really expected them to survive.  Today, when I walked outside to my delight, they started to bloom. 
                            
I've never really experienced season changes since I'm a Florida girl but today it hit me, It's spring!  I took some pictures of the buds that seemed to have shot up out of the ground over night.    
                               
            
 I will take some more photos when they bloom.  I also planted some mums that I bought in November.  They looked like they were going to die several times, especially since Elwood likes to dig them up on a regular basis.  To my delight, one of them is really taking off too, and the other one has some small buds.  I'm excited I was actually able to make things grow!  More excitement to come in the next couple of months I think!
                                         

0 comments: